USING THE HOSPITAL COMPARE WEBSITE
1. Go to the hospital compare website http://www.medicare.gov/hospitalcompare/search.html
2. In the “find a hospital” window enter a zip code, city or state or enter the hospital’s name and click SEARCH.
3. Review the list of hospitals and choose one or several to compare.
4. If you selected two or more hospitals click “compare now” at top of page; if you only selected one hospital, proceed to the next step
5. To LOOK AT HOSPITAL INFECTION DATA, click “Readmissions, complications and deaths” tab and then click on the “Healthcare-associated infections” tab
6. Click the green box called “show graphs”
7. If the hospital has results in green, it performs better than the national average. Yellow means the same as the national average, and red means worse than the national average.
8. You may also obtain more specific details by clicking the “view more details” button
9. Once you are finished, you may look at other hospitals by clicking “back to results” near the top of the page
Copyright (c) 2004-2014 The Committee to Reduce Infection Deaths.
All rights reserved. Medical Disclaimer